One of my favorite spooky movies is the screen adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Coraline. The tool SGL is about to hand you will allow you to give you seemingly supernatural sight.
|Photo Credit: Coraline’s The Seeing Stone (green right) via Pinterest|
Just as the hero of the story is able to locate lost souls by looking through a filter, you will be able to identify souls being trafficked.
|Photo Credit: Saving Innocence Fall Partner of SGL Fall Fitness Challenge|
Did you know that girls aged 12 to 18 who are victims of sex trafficking attend school regularly?
This means that bus drivers, school counselors, classroom teachers, crossing guards, school custodians, cafeteria staff, youth librarians, after-school sports coaches, fast food cashiers, and other adults who interact with youth daily can help to rescue sex trafficking victims if he/she knows the 5 Signs:
1. Use of phrases such as “out of pocket”, “the life”, and “trick”.
2. Referring to an unknown boyfriend as Daddy.
3. Unexplained tattoos. This is the brand the pimp has put on the victim’s body to indicate ownership.
4. Shopping trips for items too expensive for her age group. Tech gadgets are used by pimps to keep tabs on her whereabouts.
5. Symptoms of intimate partner violence.
Report. Show that SmartyFellas and SmartyGirls say, “Not on our watch!”