What makes the best office prank? For the prankster, I’d imagine practical joke supplies that cost less than $20. For the subject of the prank, I’d guess one that won’t take more than 30 minutes to clean up. SmartyFellas borrow ideas from around the web for thought-starters: Mashable, Pinterest (yes, guys look at boards too), and Wired.
|Photo Credit: Donut Seed Packet by Spoonful|
1. The Shoe Pile Icebreaker by How Stuff Works This reminds me of William Irvine’s book, A Slap in the Face. It’ll take all the self-control you can summon not to insult the owner of a stinky shoe. Bonding via humiliation is what it is. Comment by Spike.
2. Donut Seed Packet by Spoonful Inexpensive and easy prank. Good for almost all audiences except for those with wheat or oat allergies. Innocuous. Comment by Jack Paper.
What might be good April Fool’s jokes for kids? Are iPad-using grade-schoolers too sophisticated for funny poetry or other forms of wordplay?
3. Brown Es from Pinterest If you do this joke, you better have some M&Ms or fun-size Snickers on hand because after the initial laughter there will be sadness. Have chocolate on hand to make up for the lack of real brownies. Comment by Despite Mike
|Photo Credit: Brown Es via Pinterest|
4. Food Lookalikes from Pinterest I’m not in favor of re-filling a pull-top fruit can with candy because kids under 3 may cut themselves when trying to reach into the container. Also the humor may be lost on pre-school children who are learning about the world and might not think candy from fruit cans is odd at all. Comment by Spike
5. Princess Saves Mario Hack from Wired This is a cool dad. Comment by Jack Paper
6. Apricot Fried Egg from SheKnows I was told by my dad that canned peach halves were ostrich egg yolks. Comment by Broiled Jeff.
What are some classic practical jokes that are likely to get laughs?
7. Mayo-filled Jelly Donut from College Humor I’m not sure how the lemon and raspberry filling can be reused for another recipe. Would it be wrong to spread it on toast? Comment by Despite Mike.
|Photo Credit: Mayo-filled Donut Prank by College Humor|
Here are some that may end friendships:
8. Talking Nonsense to Strangers by Jack Vale
9. Tutorial from Forbes: How to Talk Yourself Into Trouble
10. Share Advice on Dating: 10 Steps to Losing a Girlfriend from iVillage
11. Recommend Movie Box Office Failures by District 46 Toastmasters
12. Pranks Summer Camp-style by Instructables