Think back. Who was your first audience? Most likely, it was your mom.
My mom was matron-of-honor for one of her sisters. At that same wedding, I got to be a flower girl at age 6. My aunt, the bride, was not amused when I copied my mom doing a spot-on imitation of that sister as she bobbed and shook hands in an overly-caffeinated way in her wedding reception’s line.
Consider 10 Ways to Make Mama Laugh This Mother’s Day:
|Photo Credit: Entertainment Weekly Queen Latifah in Chicago|
2. Your mom wore plaid and listened to Nirvana in her younger days? Then she might like an re-enactment of Wayne’s World where the main characters lip-sync to Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Before your time? Don’t worry. That 70’s Show actors didn’t know all the references that made their audience laugh either.
3. Did your mom major in film studies? Is she a fan of Hitchcock? If she’s also a horror fan, consider dressing up in a most unexpected costume when you deliver your greeting card today. Like a classic Norman Bates reference? Or would you prefer a more modern Norman Bates impersonation?
|Photo Credit: Bates Motel via Pinterest from HollywoodReporter.com|
4. Two years behind in tech? Not all mothers are Digi Moms as described by some marketing profilers. Play a prank and send her memes from 2011 and retro warning emails like the one she is still sending you. Mashable’s Brenna Erhlich shows you how to Spam Your Mom.
5. Is your mom a fan of actress Susan Sarandon? Why not create your own mash-up of a video featuring Susan Sarandon as saintly Civil War era mom in Little Women with hilarious Susan Sarandon as Janet Weiss in Rocky Horror Picture Show?
|Photo Credit: Rocky Horror Picture Show Susan Sarandon as Janet Weiss|
6. Was your mom the comedian of the family? Was she beyond sassy? She might think Andy Sandberg and Justin Timberlake said it best in The Lonely Island’s Mother Lover. *Warning: Raunchy.
7. Watch 15 minutes of mom and child comedy teams such as Ben Stiller in scenes with his mom, Anne Meara Stiller. Be inspired to do a comedy project of your own like Matrix as Retold by Mom.
|Photo Credit: Joe Nicolosi’s Matrix as Retold by Mom|
8. Treat her to a live Yo Mamma Stand Up Comedy Battle. *Warning: Culture-group specific
10. Show her the clean-comedy clip message by Kid President especially if you are not named Phone.